Tuesday 26 March 2013

Cymbidium Golden Elf

Hellooo!!!
It's good to be back :)

Meet,
The Golden Elf.
Also known as the "Sundust",
This wild orchid has the most gorgeous sunny yellow color I have ever seen :)


I love this stage of blooming.
 When it slowly wakes up from deep slumber.


Yawning and sheepishly opening up all the 'muscles' of the petals.


Before coming to a final stretch of a full bloom!


And this is when its mild sweet fragrance starts drifting into the room.
And me, as always, 
Being ignorant that this is a scented flower,
Will only realized that,
 When its fragrance filled up the living room at night!
And what a lovely surprise it was :)
"Au natural" air freshener!


Here it is, 
All buds in a row..
If you notice, the bud at the most bottom bloomed first.


I love this scene when they are basking in the sun.



This shot is taken from the top where some buds have yet to bloom.

Don't they look pretty under the sun?

If you have been wondering what happened to me,
Because of no posting for quite a while,
Well, I have been busy with my new blog
And cleaning up my home.

Don't worry.
I'll be back with more flower story
...............................soon!

12 comments:

  1. Ash, awesome orchid!
    Scented, colorful, nice shape.. it's all in one flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Nadezda.
      When I bought it, there were no flowers at all so I wouldn't know how it will turn out to be. I'm glad it is beautiful, like you mentioned "it's all in one flower" :)

      Delete
  2. Kwiaty są słoneczne i w słońcu jeszcze piekniej wyglądają. Pozdrawiam.
    Flowers are bright and the sun still look beautiful. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are.
      I hope the sun will shine soon in your garden :)

      Delete
  3. How right you are to call it The Golden Elf, it is magical, filled with light! Gorgeous pictures Ash, I also like the one with the sunlight shining on the yellow petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rosemary, I just love the effect of the sun on this "elf".
      It gives a vibrant feeling! You are right, it is magical.
      Never seen an orchid this way before.
      Glad you love them too :)

      Delete
  4. It is incredibly beautiful your yellow Easter flower = yellow orchid.
    Can understand you're happy with it.
    Wish you all the best until we see you again!

    Happy Easter
    Hugs from Denmark, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dorthe.
      Will celebrate its magic with you!
      Enjoy your Easter.
      Hugs and kisses to you too :)

      Delete
  5. I like its muted golden colour. Its no wonder that you are so proud of it. Does it smell like vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stiletto! So glad you dropped by despite your busy schedule.
      I thought my garden was resting but this guy showed up and I was so thrilled to bits :)
      It has a lemony smell. Is it supposed to smell of vanilla?
      Or was I smelling something else?!!

      Delete
  6. Your golden beauties are a delightful sight...more precious than gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very lovely plant May...but it stopped flowering altogether and I wonder why. I've done a lot of things to put it back to flowering again but it just won't bloom :(

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely words...