Tuesday 17 July 2012

Enchanting Roses...light pink rose!

Decided to go to Sg Buloh this morning. It has been a while since my last visit there. Kay (my friend) and I headed to Lot 61, Paling Horticulture, Sg Buloh. We are great fans of flowers! It's always nice to have someone who is passionate about flowers to go with. Of course, we both thought of just "cuci mata" and to see what's new.

Then, suddenly...my eyes caught upon this beautiful rose. Truly enchanting with its pure light pink color and faint sweet subdued fragrance..hhhmmm. I just need to close my eyes and breathe in delight. Intoxicatingly pure and warm scent :)


It's just too bad that no one at the nursery knows the name of this rose :(


Such a beautiful piece....


If you know which species this rose belongs to, do enlighten me!



I never thought I would end-up bringing this masterpiece home since my garden is still infested with 'leftover' pests. But it is too irresistible and temptingly adorable. And it costs only RM10! Who, in their right frame of mind, could resist this?


As a precaution, I didn't put this plant in the garden right away. I placed it on the shelve of my bathroom and sprayed with "Baba Tenen D25" natural insect repellent all over its stems and soil. After half an hour, I put it by the window of my utility room. The weather was gloomy with heavy rain, but the air was cool. Not to mention the cold breeze that comes with it. Great start for this rose.

Even if this rose would not survive for long, I decide to take a lighter approach to it. I will not stress myself out unnecessarily, like I did in the past. I know I have enjoyed the beauty of this rose and appreciate the pleasure it gives me :)

After all flowers are created to bring out our inner sense of happiness and not otherwise ;)

The houris will be smiling in her sleep tonight...for sure :))

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't have resist this pink rose temptation either. 10 bucks is a small price to pay for the feeling of ecstasy it will bring. If I had gone there, I would have rambang mata instead of cuci mata!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say la Ms Belle. It was a total rip-off! Guess what happened? The next day, so many redmites and spidermites appeared! Too many of them, in fact, the pot has turned into a nesting place for them. I guess this was the effect of spraying the insect repellent. They were sucking on the flowers until they failed to bloom especially the new buds. I can't keep the plant anymore, had to throw it away before the mites roam into the other plants :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog and lovely lovely pictures! Happy to find you and your blog...

    Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay!!! You made it here! Thank you so much Titti and welcome to my world :)

      Delete
  4. Ash, this rose is really gorgeous. I will miss it, but it is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all! You were wise to take action fast. Anyway, roses need a lot of sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Belle, it will take me a while to ever have roses in my garden again :(
      Bitter pill to swallow.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful color and wonderful flower...I like this photo!
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cinzia.
      It sure is! Glad that you love them too :)

      Delete
  6. Niestety nie znam nazwy tej róży, ale jest śliczna. Mam nadzieję, że będzie żyła. Pozdrawiam.
    Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the rose, but it is beautiful. I hope you will live. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thought Giga.
      Unfortunately, it didn't last long.
      No problem.
      Will plant new ones :)

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely words...